Tutorial 05

 Visual Styling


In this week's unity tutorial session, I went over learning how to use cinemachine in 2D Unity. I have used cinemachine in my past projects such as my game for multimedia 1 and as well as for the game jam. But fore those cases, they were both 3D games so the camera worked a little differently. I learned how to implement the cinemachine camera into the 2D game which wasn't too hard but had a few more quirks which were not too hard to figure out with the help of the tutorial of course.

For the particles, it's something I've never used and something that took a little time to wrap my head around it. There was a lot to it like setting the direction of the smoke particles, making the particles fade way etc. It was a lot more of Unity stuff itself rather than coding which wasn't too bad. In the end, I managed to get the hang of it and managed to fix it after it didn't work out the way it showed in the tutorial. It's something I'll have to go over again to properly learn it.



Image of particle effect


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha