Growth Mindset

 I believe Growth Mindset is a brilliant idea to implement into todays education systems and even other areas such as games etc. as it always makes you think and know that you can improve and not just demoralize you. In the Ted Talk with Carol Dweck, she goes over the issue in education and grading systems where a failing grade or when people are presented with difficult tasks, children get demoralized and look for work arounds such as cheating or even just running away from the task itself. Personally I've been affected with it as a person who has a fixed mindset and I have definitely felt those effects from receiving a failing grade.

But I've also felt how it was to receive a 'Not yet' type of result and that has personally inspired me to work harder and get to where I wanna be. It has also made me feel that regardless of the level of my intelligence, I am still as good as anyone else and that feeling of being on the same playing field as everyone else doesn't demoralize me but makes me want to do better than everyone else and that's a great way to push someone to do better. If we seen this implemented into schools and colleges more, we would definitely see a change in grades and overall perspective of education.

For this semester, I want to try and maintain a growth mindset to see if I can improve on how I work, especially on modules such as this one as I am excited for it and I've always wanted to make a game since I was in secondary school. Overall, I believe a growth mindset is something that each person should have and feel especially in education and could also improve a lot of the negative aspects of education.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha