Planning my Research

 What makes Games fun?


For this module, I am choosing to research and focus on the topic of "What makes Games fun?". I chose this topic because there is a lot to talk about when it comes to the fun aspects of games and I feel like there's a lot to explore and find when it comes to this topic. To start off, I began planning on how I was going to approach researching this topic. I decided to make a search strategy as I found the Review Matrix a bit too confusing for myself.


I set up the keywords by thinking what was relevant to my topic, searched around on google and the TUD library for any keywords that would help with finding what I need for the topic. I also tried a few synonyms for when it came to searching online to get similar articles so that I could find a lot more sources.

The first article I found was very useful as it broadly expands on the fun in video games and I think it will help me explore all of the different things I could talk about my topic and get the foundation down on my own article that I will write about when I get to that stage. I found it on Google Scholar and my search strings helped me find said article.

The second article I found also explores the topic of what makes games fun but focuses on the method on the creation and evaluation of the fun aspect of games which I also think will prove useful when exploring how game developers create the fun aspects of games and would give a more in depth view into fun games overall. I used Google Scholar to find the article.

The third article I found explore how fun games are designed for children's health education which may not exactly explain how it makes games fun, but it does show what effects fun games have on other people which I think doesn't stray far off the topic which is why I'm going to use this article for my research.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha