Alpha

Setting up the Menu 


For this week and to try to make this game look more like an alpha build, I fixed the camera issue I had in my previous sessions. I had to delete my previous scripts for the camera and created new ones which finally managed to work. The only thing that I couldn't really get right once I fixed my main camera issue is the clamp method to adjust how far the player could turn and look up but overall I got what I wanted.

I also managed to set up the pause menu for the game so that the player could enter the settings or quit the level if they wanted to. The thing that I had a problem with was because the key to fire is the left mouse button, and to select one of the pause menu you need to click the left mouse button, it fires the arrow even though the game is frozen and it's something I'm currently trying to fix. The things I need to fully add are the fire arrows, the in game hud and the main menu and after that I would say that the beta build would be finally done.

Image of the game pause menu

Comments

  1. Hello Justin, I hope you're well. Your game is looking very good so far so good job. I'm glad you finally got your camera fixed because I'm sure that was annoying. The game is looking very good so far and the shaders make it look very pleasing to look at. Also good work on creating a pause menu for game as that is probably useful when playing it. I guess the main menu won't be that difficult to add since you already put in the pause menu. Looking forward to seeing how the game turns out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin!
    Your Alpha looks really good from what I can see on the image.I like the menu you have crated for your game.The environment you have created for your game looks very cool.Even from looking at an image I can tell that you have really put in a lot of work into that game and I'm sure you'll be awarded for it.Overall great job I am looking forward to see your game in action.Good job man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Justin,
    Your game seems like it's coming along really well. The aesthetics for your game look really good, like far better than anything I could've ever implemented in the time span and with the resources we had. How are the fire arrows going to impact or interact with different aspects of your game? Did you have plans for any other types of arrows and effects? It might be interesting to add an alternate bow that differs from the standard one, maybe something with like a faster speed but slower aim? I don't know how feasible that would be this late into development though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design