Feedback Strategies

Le Strategy of Feedback

 

For this week's reading of feedback, I went on to read Be a Mirror which went over the different ways you can give feedback which includes 'being like a mirror'. When I think of a mirror, the mirror only shows whats in front of it with no judgement, which is what that type of feedback is based on. If you don't mention the mistakes that the person makes and instead just highlight what they did do, that could show them what they really flourished in and what areas they have room to improve in and that will also lead to a growth mindset.

 For me personally, I've always been in a fixed mindset until recently. I tend to keep a growth mindset especially when it comes to drawing and I think that will also help in other aspects such as college and my future.

The second article that I read was Why Do So Many Managers Avoid Giving Praise? which went over the reasons why you don't hear praise from managers and the article even showed some statistics and we know that if they give statistics, then it's legit. From this article and personal experience, managers try to avoid giving praise and more focus on the negative feedback which they believe would help them improve where in retrospect wouldn't have that effect but instead make them think about it and impact them differently. I was even surprised to learn that most managers like to avoid giving direct critical feedback. I'd say if workplaces introduced a review system aimed at improving people's growth mindset, work would flourish more and even be less toxic

Overall, I do believe feedback shouldn't focus on the negatives but really focus on what the person does well and help them improve upon it or whatever they are struggling with.

https://cdn.technologynetworks.com/tn/images/thumbs/webp/640_360/atlas-reveals-all-proteins-in-the-human-brain-331739.webp?v=10613387


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha