Unity Tutorial 1

 Learning 2D Unity


This week in unity I decided to do the tutorial on the 2D game 'Ruby's Adventure'. It was a good experience after the last semester of doing 3D Unity tutorials so it's always nice to explore more of Unity and coding in C#. Overall for the first experience, it was very similar to the 3D aspect of Unity, especially with the coding which wasn't too bad so far. One thing that I'm wondering is that is there going to be anything different in terms of coding that I'll come across or will it just be the same as it was before.

Other than that, the tutorial showed me how to add sprites which is something I already knew but the thing that was new was the whole tile aspect of the tutorial. I've also noticed that the whole thing with the 2D game is that it mostly utilizes sprites, which would give me the freedom to draw out my own sprites which is kind of exciting. It wasn't too hard to understand but it was a useful thing to learn and I'll definitely be using more of it for any future projects I choose to do. Overall, it was a useful experience and I can't wait to learn more about 2D coding.


Image of Ruby's Adventure from Unity Tutorial


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha