Unity Tutorial 03

 Setting Up Health


In this week's Unity tutorial, I learned about adding health to the Ruby character and putting in the in game drops which give health. The coding aspect definitely picked up since last week and it wasn't too hard but it was quite a bit of code that I had to write. Some of the stuff I did last semester for the 3d aspect but had to change up the code a little to adapt to the 2d aspect of unity. The box collider aspect wasn't too hard at all to implement for the health drops and it's a little easier to do than for the 3d unity.

For the next part, I learned how to add a damage zone and moving enemies. The part where I added the damage over time zone, I thought it would be easier than it was but it took at bit more than expected. It's not that it was hard, it's just that I didn't have enough Unity knowledge for it. I also learned how to make the sprite change visually as it changes size which wasn't too hard. For the enemy part, the hardest part was obviously the coding part, but I got it in the end I got it do it wasn't too difficult.


Enemy C# code


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha