Tutorial 04

 Learning about animations


For the animations tutorial, I felt like it was longer than the other ones that I've done. But for this tutorial, I did learn a lot about the how to apply animations to 2D characters. To be honest, it did look a lot more complicated than what I did before for the 3D aspect of games but I guess I also only scratched the surface of that as well. I didn't find it complicated but it's something I will have to work with more to engrave it into my head. When it came to coding, I was a little confused and only ended up basically copying and pasting the code without really wrapping my head around what certain code did.


Confusing Code

For the next part of the tutorial, I had to add a projectile to the game. I've done as similar thing last semester with a game in which you had to fire food at animals to feed them and that whole aspect was also similar in this tutorial. The only real difference for 2D was the 2D rigidbody and having to worry about layers as the projectile had to hit something at a certain layer. Other than that, there was nothing complicated or new game wise or code wise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha