Unity Tutorial 04

 Learning C#


On this week's Unity tutorial, I learned how to make the animals spawn at timed intervals so that the player would't need to press a certain button to just spawn the animals over and over. I also learned how to add hit boxes to the animals and the food which means that once an object collides within an invisible box in the game, the items will disappear, which is also the whole point of the game. I also learned of a feature that prompts a game over message when an animal gets past the player.

One thing that keeps scaring me the more and more I go on with learning C# is how in depth and complicated everything gets with it and sometimes I have difficulty wrapping my head around it. At least that was what I experienced when I was doing the challenge. The hardest part for me was making the dogs spawn at intervals as the game wouldn't be fair if you could just spam them. Another thing that I was struggling with as well was trying to remember the code I used to spawn the animals in the last project I did. I tried my best to not look at a lot of hints and I think I did half decent.

Photo Source: Justin Urbonas




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductiones

Understanding Game Design

Alpha